Conciliation Court; An Overview of the Process

Conciliation court often referred to as small claims court deal with civil cases between private litigants. Consumer claims, minor property damage, loan repayment, inabilities to meet the terms of service contracts, eviction requests and restitution requests are all dealt with by small case courts.
The specifics will vary from one state to another, which is why you have to examine local regulations. Just like in other legal cases, proper document serving is essential for getting started. Twin Cities Served will designate a process server to your case and will handle the procedure for you, making sure that the defendant gets all of the small case court documents within the specified time frame.
Representing Yourself in Small Claims Court.

Small Claims Court Procedure

Conciliation Court often referred to as Small Claim Court
Conciliation Court

For a start of the small claims court procedure the plaintiff has to send a demand letter to the defendant. This letter can usually be delivered by certified mail. The plaintiff will next have to file a small claims complaint with the court. The court clerk should be provided with a demand letter and a proof of mailing. The court clerk will set the day for the hearing, after which the plaintiff will have to serve the defendant with the complaint.
Download Minnesota small claim court forms.

Your process server will help for this part of the process, making sure that the documents are delivered in a timely and legal manner. Mediation can be held before the set court date. Very often, the two parties will be capable of reaching settlement during this part of the process. Whenever the mediation process works, the case is considered closed before reaching the court. If an agreement is not reached, the case will be set for hearing by the court.